Hi, you are logged in as , if you are not , please click here
You are shopping as , if this is not your email, please click here

Retrospective Council Tax Exemption

Retrospective Council Tax Exemption Form



Confirmation of Student Registration Certificate (CSRC) for retrospective Council Tax exemption


Detailed Description

If you are a full-time student and need Council Tax exemption for a previous year’s study, you can apply for a retrospective Confirmation of Student Registration Certificate (CSRC) here.

Please note, if you need a CSRC for the current academic session, you can order one for free through your Student Record.

You can present your CSRC to your Local Authority to apply for council tax exemption while you are a current student at the University.

During the payment process you need to indicate whether you want your replacement certificate posted to your term time or home address, or if you want to collect it from the Student Administration building.

Replacement certificates can take up to five working days to process. You will need to provide identification before a certificate is issued. Please do not send original documentation. Send your identification via email to [email protected]  

Please note, we will securely destroy copies of identification once this has been verified.

Please contact the Enrolment team with any queries. Call 01695 657600, email [email protected] or visit here.


How would you rate your experience today?

How can we contact you?

What could we do better?

   Change Code